Summer Camp at Schlitz Audubon
Whether you are a returning family who views camps at Schlitz Audubon as an annual tradition, or a new family who is interested in exploring what we offer, we want our camps to be a highlight of your child’s summer. This year, we’re continuing to offer camps on popular themes including nature art, beachcombing, and animal care, while also adding new camps focused on space exploration, storybooks, and green living.
Summer Camp registration is now open to all, including the general public, members who missed the lottery, and any families who participated in the lottery and would like to enroll their child in additional camps.
Below are camps that currently have openings:
- Nature Preschool (4 & 5 y.o.)– Adventures of Chippy the Chipmunk | June 19 – June 22 | 12:45pm – 3:15pm
- Nature Preschool (4 & 5 y.o.)– Wonderful Watery Worlds | June 19 – June 22 | 12:45pm – 3:15pm
- Entering 1st Grade – Fantastic Four | July 17– July 20 | 12:30pm – 3:15pm
- Entering 1st Grade – Artist in the Wild | July 24– July 27| 12:30pm – 3:15pm
- Entering 2nd-3rd Grade – Nature & LEGOs | June 19 – June 23 | 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- Entering 2nd-3rd Grade – Marvelous Mammals | July 24 – July 28 | 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- Entering 2nd-3rd Grade – Hop, Slither, Crawl | August 7 – August 11 | 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Entering 4th-6th Grade – Gotta Catch ‘Em | June 26 – June 30 | 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- Entering 4th-6th Grade – Going Green | July 10 – July 14 | 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Entering 4th-6th Grade – Dinosaurs! | July 17 – July 21 | 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Entering 4th-6th Grade – Lord of the Tree Rings | July 24 – July 28| 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Entering 6th-8th Grade – Naturalist in Training | July 31 – August 4 | 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Entering 6th-8th Grade – Behind the Scenes | August 7 – August 11 | 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- Entering 7th-12th Grade – Raptor Trainer 201 | June 19 – June 23 | 9:00am – 12:00pm
Pre-requisite: Camper must be enrolled in Raptor Trainer 101 this summer or have taken it in a past summer
- Entering 7th-12th Grade – Raptor Researchers | July 10 – July 14 | 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Entering 7th-12th Grade – Working with Wildlife | July 24 – July 28 | 9:00am – 12:00pm
If you are interested in registering your child for one of the above camps, please fill out a Camper Profile for your child, as well as one Camp Registration Form. The registration form will provide our staff with camp selections for each child. Beginning on February 24 and beyond, all registrations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis in the order they are received. When submitting a form, please only select camps that have openings—any other camps selected will be ignored. You will receive confirmation of your enrollment in a camp or on a waitlist within a few business days.
Please note, most of the camps that have openings to enroll only have one or two spots, so it is possible by the time you submit your form for an open camp that another family has already claimed that spot before we’ve had a chance to update the list.
You can download a pdf list of our 2023 camp schedule to complement our online camp calendar.
Submitting this secure, online form for each child is a required part of the registration process. This profile includes a health history and emergency care plan, as well as childcare enrollment information. A new profile is required annually. An automated email reply will be sent after each child’s profile has been received.
Camper Profiles are not required to be submitted for children enrolling in Exploring Nature Together camps. Camper Profiles are not required to be submitted for children who have a Student Profile on file from the 2022-2023 school year.
Important Camp Notes
An automated email reply will be sent after submitting each camper profile, as well as after submitting the Camp Registration form. Any members taking part in the lottery will receive camp confirmations and/or waitlist notifications by mid-February. Emailed invoices will be sent by the end of February.
For Camp Registration forms that are submitted after the lottery is completed, camp confirmations or waitlist notifications, as well as emailed invoices, will be sent as they are processed.
Note: Waitlists are no longer being honored beginning May 1. Any openings will be posted above and filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Throughout the lottery process, if a camp is at capacity your child may be placed on a waitlist. Waitlists will be capped at 10. When our camps re-open post lottery, families will be able to sign up for camp waitlists through the camp calendar if a camp is full and the waitlist has not reached 10 campers.
If an opening becomes available for a wait-listed child, families will be contacted via email and then by phone.
Waitlists will be honored through April 30, 2023 After this time, camp openings will be available on the website and can be registered for on a first-come, first-served basis.
We allow a maximum of 6 camps for the entire summer, per camper.
To cancel or change camps, please email our registrar.
A refund of registration fees, minus a $25.00 fee, will be given for any camps canceled 14-days or more prior to the first date of camp. There will be no refunds for camps canceled with less than 14-days’ notice. The cancellation policy is not dependent on the status of camp waitlists.
If Schlitz Audubon cancels camps for any reason, we will offer affected camp families a pro-rated refund.
Lunch supervision will not be available for the Summer Camp 2023 season. If a camper is enrolled in both a morning and afternoon camp session within the same week, they must be picked up in between camp sessions.
If your camper may require medication while at camp, please complete an Authorization to Administer Medication Form prior to your child’s first day of camp.