Our Animal Ambassador team consists of reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates that all help to enrich our environmental educational experiences. They create memorable and valuable interactions with all visitors by providing hands-on learning opportunities to inspire further curiosity about the natural world.
The animals at Schlitz Audubon would not survive on their own in the wild and the Center is their forever home. Given the highest standards of care and training, they are comfortable and confident educators. Visitors can learn what a snake feels like, how a turtle eats, and why decomposers like millipedes are an essential part of nature’s energy cycle. They help teach about why protecting habitats or landscaping with native plants helps to protect nature and wildlife. The Animal Ambassadors at Schlitz Audubon assist us in fulfilling our mission for impactful environmental experiences available for all.
How you can meet our Animal Ambassadors
- Public Programs: Some of our public education programs include live animals.
- Community Outreach Events: We take our animals on the road into the community.
- On Sundays from 12:00pm – 3:00pm: Our Nature Ambassadors often have a number of our various ambassadors out for you to meet and learn about.
- Many of our school programs, both at the Center and at your school, feature live animals.
- Great Hall Exhibits: See a variety of our Animal Ambassadors on display on your next visit to the Center, including the three turtles below.
Some of our Animal Ambassadors
Support Our Animal Ambassadors!