Our volunteers provide essential support for our day-to-day operations and special events. They are a vital part of our warm atmosphere and “can-do” work ethic. Whatever your particular interest or talent, you’ll find many opportunities here at the Center. We welcome adults and youth, as well as school and corporate volunteer groups of all sizes.
At present, we are most in need of Land Stewardship and information desk volunteers. Please see details below, or contact Marie Honel, Volunteer Coordinator, at 414-352-2880, x144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer? We ask that potential volunteers fill out a volunteer application and return it to Marie Honel. Please fill out either the Adult Volunteer Application or the Youth Volunteer Application. Both open as fillable .pdf. files that you can complete, save, and email or print. For more information, please call 414-352-2880 x144 or email Marie Honel.
- Conservation Team (Land Stewardship): Work alongside our staff as a volunteer land steward to preserve and restore our 185 acre outdoor classroom. Drop in on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday mornings. For high school and older. Learn what Volunteer Land Stewards tell us about their experiences.
- Information Desk: Interact with visitors, provide Center information, use the computer cash register, take in admissions, and answer the phone for half day shifts. For ages 18+ Learn what Information Desk Volunteers tells us about their experiences.
- Ray Team: If you had a hammer…you’d tackle all sorts of woodworking, maintenance, and construction projects for the Center at our fully equipped workshop. Bring your lunch/jokes. Hammer can stay home. For ages 14+
- Preschool: Serve as an aide for teachers in the classroom and on the trails during your once-a-week shift from September through May. For college-age and older.
- SPARK! Program (monthly): Assist with an innovative program for people experiencing cognitive changes. Training provided. September through May. For ages 18+
- Special Events: Assist with the many special events offered throughout the year, including Winter Carnival on January 28, 2018, Spring Serenade in May, the Gala in June, Xtreme Raptor Day in the fall, and Fall Festival in October.
- Citizen Science: Help our conservation efforts by monitoring in the field, data collection, and/or data entry. Most opportunities are spring through early fall. Learn more about Citizen Science. For ages 18+
- Raptors: Help care for, feed, and work with raptor staff in training our birds of prey. Volunteers help with presentations and programs for schools and the public. Requirements are once per week shifts, plus some weekends, with a minimum one-year commitment. For ages 18+ We currently do not have volunteer shifts available in the Raptor Program. All interested volunteers will be placed on a waitlist and are welcome to participate in our other volunteer opportunities. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We are seeking committed, responsible volunteers who are passionate about our mission. As a thank you for your commitment, volunteers enjoy these additional benefits:
- 20% discount in our Nature Store
- Annual volunteer recognition dinner
- Member rates for programs and classes
- Opportunity to count volunteer hours for clubs or schools
For more information, please call 414-352-2880 x144 or email Marie Honel.