Our Nature Preschool recently celebrated its 20-year anniversary, having spent two decades as a local… Read Story >
For Prospective Families
At our Nature School, we follow an emergent curriculum that is based on the seasons and takes into account the children’s interests and needs. In fall, we watch the monarchs migrating, learn why leaves change color, and discover turtles basking on logs. In winter, we follow tracks in the snow and explore the ice-canos on the edge of Lake Michigan. In spring, we tap maple trees and delight in the discovery of new life in our ponds. Children develop and strengthen skills they will need for a successful transition to kindergarten while forming lasting connections to nature.
2024/25 Class Offerings
We offer part-day classes for children ages 3 to 5 by September 1, 2024. Children must also be bathroom proficient and independent (potty trained).
Our school year begins Tuesday, September 3, 2024 and ends Friday, May 30, 2025. We require a commitment to the entire school year. The preschool closes for major holidays, winter break, spring break, and two staff development days.
Classes are composed of mixed age groups of three to five-year-olds. Nature K4 classes are composed of four and five-year-olds. Each class has a maximum child/adult ratio of 8:1 with two teachers per class.
Two Days per Week Options
- Tuesday/Thursday mornings: 8:45am – 11:30am
- Tuesday/Thursday mornings: 9:00am – 11:45am
- Tuesday/Thursday afternoons: 12:30pm – 3:15pm
Three days per Week Options
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings: 8:45am – 11:30am
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings: 9:00am – 11:45am
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday mornings: 8:45am – 11:30am
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday afternoons: 12:45pm – 3:30pm
Four Days per Week Options
(Child must be 4 years old by September 1, 2024)
- Monday through Thursday mornings: 9:00am – 11:45am
- Monday through Thursday afternoons: 12:45pm – 3:30pm
Tuition Rates for the 2024/25 School Year
- Two days per week program: $3,294
- Three days per week program: $4,574
- Four days per week program: $5,389
We offer three tuition payment options: by school year, by trimester, or by month.
Each family enrolled in the preschool will receive an annual family membership to the Center. Membership will be added when you make your first tuition payment in early August. (You will either receive new membership or if you are already a member, a year will be added to your renewal.)
Deadline to submit for priority consideration is January 15.
Starting then, spots will be filled in this order on a lottery basis:
- Returning students / alumni siblings
- Members (being a member increases your chance of placement, but does not guarantee you a spot)
Every attempt is made to place children in their preferred class; however, we reserve the right to create optimal learning communities by balancing classes according to gender and age.
General Nature Preschool Information
- Our Nature School is for children who are at least three years old by September 1st in the year of enrollment. Children need to be bathroom proficient and independent.
- Applications are accepted regardless of race, color, sex, religion, disability, political affiliation, and national origin.
- You can reach the Nature School directly by calling 414-352-2880 x154.