Wednesday, June 3
The health and safety of everyone in the Schlitz Audubon community remain our top priority. During this time, we are following a detailed policy and procedures plan that was developed under protocol from the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, as well as recommendations from the CDC, American Camping Association, and the North Shore Health Department.
- Please postpone your visit if you are sick or believe you may have been exposed to the virus
- Show your name/registration in a visible manner to the Welcome Booth staff member
- Observe social distancing whenever possible
- Carry a cloth mask and wear the mask when you are within six feet of others
- Please bring with you a filled water bottle, sunscreen, and bug repellent
Trail Access with Evening Hours
We will continue to limit capacity and require visitors – including members – to pre-register on our website.
Morning Hiking: Tuesdays- Sundays, 10:30am-1:00pm
Afternoon Hiking: Tuesdays-Sundays, 1:30-4:00pm
Evening Hiking: Mondays-Thursdays, 4:00pm-8:00pm
We are offering Summer Camp this year, beginning June 8. There will be some changes, but no shortage of fun in the outdoors!
Our building will re-open on June 8, providing access to our restrooms and Nature Store. As elsewhere, you’ll notice extra safety precautions: hand sanitizer stations at all entrances, reduced capacity in each room, and credit card transactions only.
Nature from Home
While we won’t be regularly adding new content to our Nature from Home page, it will remain full of activities for you to explore nature in your backyard or neighborhood.