- Special Events: Assist with the many special events offered throughout the year, including Winter Carnival in January, our spring event in April, the Gala in June, our summer event in July, Fall Festival in October, and Xtreme Raptor Day in November. For ages 13+
- Front Desk: Interact with visitors, use the computer cash register, take in admissions and answer the phone for half day shifts. Once-a-month shifts on weekends needed most. Weekdays are twice a month. For ages 17+
- Admissions Booth: Greet visitors, take in cash admissions (no computer), and offer information about the events taking place at the Center that day. Once a month half day shifts on weekends. During summer months, week-long shifts in the morning, afternoon, or evening. For ages 15+
- Preschool: Serve as an aide for teachers in the classroom and on the trails during your once-a-week shift from September to May. For college age and older.
- Raptors: Help care for, feed, and work with raptor staff in training our birds of prey. Volunteers help with presentations and programs for schools and the public. Once a week shifts, a minimum 1 year commitment. 18+ We currently do not have volunteer shifts available in the Raptor Program. All interested volunteers will be placed on a waitlist and are welcome to participate in our other volunteer opportunities. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Land stewards: Work alongside our staff to preserve and restore our 185 acre outdoor classroom. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday mornings for this drop-in program. For high school and older.
- Ray Team: If you had a hammer… you’d tackle all sorts of woodworking and construction projects for the center at our fully equipped workshop. Meets Tuesdays. Bring your lunch/jokes. Hammer can stay home. For ages 16+
We are seeking committed, responsible volunteers who are passionate about our mission. As a thank you for your commitment, volunteers enjoy these many benefits:
- 20% discount in our Nature Store
- Annual volunteer recognition dinner
- Member rates for programs and classes
- Opportunity to count volunteer hours for clubs or schools
Interested in becoming a volunteer? We have a variety of opportunities for adults and students aged 12 and up. To learn more about ongoing opportunities or to apply to become a volunteer, please email or call Marissa Lundin at 414-352-2880 x144.