Our volunteers provide essential support for our day-to-day operations and special events. They are a vital part of our warm atmosphere and “can-do” work ethic. Whatever your particular interest or talent, you’ll find many opportunities here at the Center. We welcome adults and youth, as well as school and corporate volunteer groups of all sizes.
At present, during our longer summer hours, we are most in need of Admissions Booth Volunteers (age 15+) in the month of June, as well as weekend Front Desk Volunteers (age 18+) now and into the future. We are also seeking Summer Camp Volunteers (age 12+). These volunteers assist preschool through high school aged campers during our fantastic summer camps. Minimum commitment is five weekday afternoons or mornings. Camps run June 12 through August 11. For more details, please contact Marie Honel, Volunteer Coordinator, at 414-352-2880, x144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer? We ask that potential volunteers fill out a volunteer application and return it to Marie Honel. Please fill out either the Adult Volunteer Application or the Youth Volunteer Application. Both open as fillable .pdf. files that you can complete, save, and email or print. For more information, please call 414-352-2880 x144 or email Marie Honel.
- Summer Camp (June – August): These volunteers assist preschool through high school aged campers at our fantastic summer camps. Minimum commitment is five weekday afternoons or mornings. For ages 12+
- Front Desk: Interact with visitors, use the computer cash register, take in admissions, and answer the phone for half day shifts. Weekend shifts have the greatest need, but weekdays are also available. For ages 18+
- Citizen Science: Help our conservation efforts by monitoring in the field, data collection, and/or data entry. Learn more about Citizen Science. For ages 18+
- Admissions Booth: Greet visitors, take admissions, and offer information about the events taking place at the Center that day. Once-a-month half-day shifts on weekends. For ages 15+
- Conservation Team: Work alongside our staff as a volunteer land steward to preserve and restore our 185 acre outdoor classroom. Drop in on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday mornings. For high school and older.
- Ray Team: If you had a hammer…you’d tackle all sorts of woodworking and construction projects for the center at our fully equipped workshop. Bring your lunch/jokes. Hammer can stay home. For ages 14+
- Preschool: Serve as an aide for teachers in the classroom and on the trails during your once-a-week shift from September to May. For college-age and older.
- SPARK! Program (monthly): Assist with an innovative program for people experiencing cognitive changes. Training provided. For ages 18+
- Raptors: Help care for, feed, and work with raptor staff in training our birds of prey. Volunteers help with presentations and programs for schools and the public. Requirements are once per week shifts, plus some weekends, with a minimum one-year commitment. For ages 18+ We currently do not have volunteer shifts available in the Raptor Program. All interested volunteers will be placed on a waitlist and are welcome to participate in our other volunteer opportunities. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Special Events: Assist with the many special events offered throughout the year, including Winter Carnival in January, Spring Serenade in May, the Gala in June, Xtreme Raptor Day in September, and Fall Festival in October. For ages 12+
We are seeking committed, responsible volunteers who are passionate about our mission. As a thank you for your commitment, volunteers enjoy these additional benefits:
- 20% discount in our Nature Store
- Annual volunteer recognition dinner
- Member rates for programs and classes
- Opportunity to count volunteer hours for clubs or schools
For more information, please call 414-352-2880 x144 or email Marie Honel.