Odonata is the order of carnivorous insects that encompasses dragonflies and damselflies. Join Marc White, Schlitz Audubon’s Director of Conservation in a Center-wide search to document dragonfly and damselfly diversity.
Please dress for the weather and bring a bag lunch and a water bottle.
If you have any of the following, they will be useful for participation in this program:
- Hastings triplet (10x) or different good hand lens
- Close focusing binoculars
- Camera with zoom and/or macro lens
- Dragonflies of the North Woods by Kurt Mead (3rd edition now available in the Schlitz Audubon Nature Store)
- Damselflies of the North Woods by Bob Dubois (currently out of print)
If the weather is not conducive to performing the survey, the tentative rain date is Friday, July 12.