Learn more about our Nature Preschool.
To apply, please return the forms to the preschool with the non-refundable application fee by the dates listed below (fee is processed upon acceptance). Application forms can also be faxed to 414-352-6091 or emailed to Laurie Lukaszewicz. Applications will be accepted regardless of race, color, sex, religion, disability, political affiliation, and national origin.
Below are all of the required enrollment documents, which were referenced in the letter to parents/guardians. Please ask your pediatrician to fax us a copy of your child’s immunization record to 414-352-6091.
Everyone must complete both sides of documents #1-7, on the checklist below, which are all inside the 2017/18 Preschool Enrollment Packet. Upon acceptance, this entire packet must be filled out prior to your child attending Preschool at Schlitz Audubon.
- Schlitz Audubon Nature Preschool Contact Information Form
- Registration Agreement
- Child Information Form
- Expectations for Adults
- Tuition payment (full year, semester or monthly options)
- Health History and Emergency Care Plan
- Child Health Report (must be signed by your Doctor – a health exam must be done not more than one year prior to, nor 3 months later than, starting Preschool)
Please read numbers 8 and 9 to decide if these forms apply to your family.
- Immunization Record – if your child is up to date with their immunizations, please ask your child’s pediatrician to fax their immunization record to 414-352-6091 attention: Laurie L If you have opted out of some or all of the required immunizations please print off this form, check the appropriate boxes, sign and date it.
- Authorization to Administer Medication Form must be completed ONLY if you leave any medications with us. Bring this form and the medication in a plastic zip lock bag.
#10 and 11 are for you to keep on-hand.
See our Preschool Handbook.
2017/18 Schedule & Class Offerings
We offer part-day classes for three to five-year olds. Children must be three years old by September 1 and must be toilet trained. Our school year begins September 5, 2017 and ends June 1, 2018. We are a nine-month program and require a commitment to the entire school year. Classes are composed of mixed age groups of three to five-year-olds, unless otherwise noted. Each class has a maximum child : adult ratio of 8:1 with two teachers per class.
Two Day per Week Options
- Tuesday/Thursday Mornings: 8:45am – 11:30am or 9:00am – 11:45am
- Monday/Wednesday Afternoons: 12:30pm – 3:15pm
- Tuesday/Thursday Afternoons: 12:30pm – 3:15pm
Three Day per Week Options
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday Mornings: 8:45am –11:30am or 9:00am – 11:45am
Four Day per Week Options
(K4 Option – Child must be 4 years old by September 1)
- Monday through Thursday Afternoons: 12:45pm – 3:30pm
Tuition Rates (2017/18)
A non-refundable registration fee of $75 for one child or $100 for two or more children (from the same family) is required with the registration application, and will be processed upon acceptance.
- Two Days Per Week Program $2,724
- Three Days Per Week Program $3,766
- Four Days Per Week Program $4,496
Each family enrolled in the Preschool will receive an annual family membership to the Center.
After School Care 30-Minute Extension
In 2016, we began offering a 30-minute After School Care extension program for parents or caregivers who may need additional time getting to Preschool to pick up their child. This is a good option if you have older children who get out of school at the same time our Preschool ends.
This program is offered in the afternoons only, Monday – Thursday, until 4:00pm. If you choose to enroll, one of our teachers will pick up your child at the end of the class time. Depending on the weather, they will either go outside to the Gardens Play Space or to one of the Preschool rooms for some additional playtime. In the winter months, we may take children down to the Great Hall to get hot chocolate, or to visit Emerson the Snapping Turtle, or any number of fun indoor activities. The teacher will remain with your child until you or your caregiver arrives to pick them up.
The cost of the program is $380 per semester with a limit of 8 children. Please contact Laurie Lukaszewicz at 352-2880 x154 if you would like to enroll your child.
Saturday, January 20, 2018 | 9:30am – 11:30am Open House for Class of 2018/19 New Families
Monday, January 22, 2018 | Begin accepting 2018/19 applications from returning students and siblings of former students. Application forms will be accepted all month, then, starting this day, we will pull forms in random order, and place current students first, followed by applications for siblings of alumni.
Monday, January 29 | Begin accepting 2018/19 applications from members of Schlitz Audubon.
Monday, February 5 | Begin accepting 2018/19 applications from the general public.
At the end of each registration date, applications are pulled in random order. Children are then placed in classes according to the preferred days and times listed on the application. When all classes are full, remaining applications are kept on file throughout the year and used to fill unexpected openings. Every attempt is made to place children in their preferred class, however, we reserve the right to create optimal learning communities by balancing classes according to gender and age.
Please contact Laurie Lukaszewicz, Preschool Coordinator, with any questions at 414-352-2880 x154.