To learn more about our preschool or to schedule a visit, please contact Laurie Lukaszewicz, Preschool Coordinator.
Our registration forms are available at the preschool front desk or may be printed from the following links. To register, please return the forms to the preschool with the non-refundable registration fee by the dates indicated. Registration forms can also be faxed to 414-352-6091 or emailed to Laurie at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted regardless of race, color, sex, religion, disability, political affiliation, and national origin.
Preschool Open House for the Class of 2015/16 New Families
- Saturday, January 24 from 9:30am – 11:30am: Join us for our annual open house event! We will introduce our teachers and share information about our Preschool.
Schedule & Class Offerings
We offer part-day classes for three to five-year olds. Children must be three years old by September 1 of the year they enroll and must be toilet trained. Our school year begins September 8, 2015 and ends May 27, 2016. We are a nine-month program and require a commitment to the entire school year. Classes are composed of mixed age groups of three to five-year-olds, unless otherwise noted. Each class has a maximum adult/child ratio of 8:1 with two teachers per class.
Two Day per Week Options
- Tuesday/Thursday Mornings: 8:45am – 11:30am or 9:00am – 11:45am
- Monday/Wednesday Afternoons: 12:30pm – 3:15pm
- Tuesday/Thursday Afternoons: 12:30pm – 3:15pm
Three Day per Week Options
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday Mornings: 8:45am –11:30am or 9:00am – 11:45am
Four Day per Week Options
(K4 Option – Child must be 4 years old by September 1.)
- Monday through Thursday Afternoons: 12:45pm – 3:30pm
Tuition Rates (2015-2016)
Tuition includes a non-refundable new or renewed family membership to Schlitz Audubon Nature Center. A $75.00 non-refundable registration fee is required with the registration application.
- Two Day a Week Program $2,474
- Three Day a Week Program $3,440
- Four Day a Week Program $ 4,124
Registration forms and information will be available both online and at the Nature Center starting the first week of January. Our registration is on a lottery system, so when these forms are completed and returned to us with the registration fee, they are divided into 3 envelopes: current and alumni families, members of the Nature Center and the general public.
Registration for the Preschool at Schlitz Audubon Nature class of 2015/16
- Monday, January 26, 2015 we will pull registration forms in random order from the current and alumni families’ envelope
- Monday, February 2, 2015 we will pull registration forms in random order from the members of Schlitz Audubon’s envelope
- Monday, February 9, 2015 we will pull registration forms in random order from the general public envelope
Please call Laurie Lukaszewicz with any questions 414-352-2880 x154
At the end of the business day on each posted date, applications are pulled in random order. Children are then placed in classes according to the preferred days and times listed on the application. When all classes are full, remaining applications are kept on file throughout the year and used to fill unexpected openings. Every attempt is made to place children in their preferred class. However, we reserve the right to create optimal learning communities by balancing classes according to gender and age.
Families are notified of their placement by the end of February. A non-refundable deposit of $250 is required within ten days of acceptance. This amount is applied to second semester tuition.